Latin name: Heamatococcus pluvialis Active ingredient: Astaxanthin Specification: 1%-10% Appearance: dark red fine powder
Astaxanthin is a reddish pigment that belongs to a group of chemecal called carotenoids. Due to its strong antioxidative activity, astaxanthin also has promising potential in neutraceutical and healthy food market.
The function and application of Astaxanthin Powder:
1. Eye problems such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD). The combination of astaxanthin, lutein, zeaxanthin,vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc, and copper improves some problems in the center of the eye.
2. Male infertility. If men taking astaxanthin can increase fertility as measured by pregnancy rates.
3. Menopausal symptoms. Taking a product containing astaxanthin, vitamin D3, lycopene, and citrus bioflavonoids reduces
menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, joint pain, moodiness and bladder control.
4. Rheumatoid arthritis. Taking a combination product containing astaxanthin, leutein, vitamin A, vitamin E, Haematococcus extract, and safflower oil can reduce pain and improves feelings of satisfaction in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Wrinkled skin. Taking astaxanthin improves skin elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles in middle-aged women.
It also seems to improve the moisture content in the skin.
Due to its strong antioxidative activity,the astaxanthin extract has been used in the capsule, tablets and ointment.