Latin Name: Trigonella foenum-graecum L Part Used: Seed Specification: 4:1; 5:1; 10:1 Appearance: brownish yellow fine powder
Latin Name: Trigonella foenum-graecum L
Part Used: Seed
Specification: 4:1; 5:1; 10:1
Appearance: brownish yellow fine powder;
Test Method: By HPLC
Fenugreek also known as greek hay and fenigreek, is an herb that is commonly found growing in the parts of Europe and western Asia.
While the leaves are primarily used as a culinary spice, but the brown seeds are famous for using in medicine.
Function and Application:
1. Fenugreek seeds have been found to help improve digestive problems, upset stomach, constipation, inflammation of the stomach.
2. Fenugreek extract is also used for diabetes, painful menstruation, polycystic ovary syndrome, and obesity.
3. Fenugreek seed extract can apply to conditions that affect heart health, like atherosclerosis, cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Fenugreek can also treat the skin and swelling problems, such as wounds, eczema, gout, muscle pain and lymphadenitis
5. For some man, it is used for hernia, erectile dysfunction(ED),male infertility, and other ,male problems
a. In food, fenugreek is used in cooking and spice or made the fenugreek tea.
b. The extract has been used in the medicine to make capsule, tablets and ointment.